- Which mobile devices are supported?
Earth++ will work on any iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad running iOS version 9.0 or later.
- Why is NASA imagery dark in places?
NASA imagery is provided by satellites which circumnavigate the globe every 24 hours. If an area of the earth is dark for the current date, the satellite hasn't passed by that part of the world yet.
- How can I remove placemarks or annotations I've added?
Deselecting the placemark or annotation in the placemarks table will remove it from the display.
- How can I delete layers or placemarks I've added to the table?
The layers and placemarks table responds to the standard "swipe to delete" action. Swipe the table row to the left and select "delete". Note that the 4 base layers cannot be deleted.
- Why is the "Imported Layers" section empty?
Earth++ can import kml (Google Earth) and geoJSON files from your device. If you import any of these files, they will show in this section so you can apply them to the globe.
- Can I get more information about the earthquake or airport locations?
Touch the icon at the earthquake or airport location you are interested in and an annotation will pop up giving more detail. Touching the button (where the airport code is) in an airport annotation will further load a satellite view of the airport.